Second Cyberbullying Case Linked to Chester Williams Tossed Out
A cyberbullying charge against a police officer was dismissed in court today after the CEO in the Ministry of Transport, Chester Williams, who filed the complaint, did not appear for the trial he himself initiated.
Williams had accused Police Officer Barry Flowers-Mai of using a computer system to publish obscene and vulgar content, following alleged social media activity dating back to April last year.
Senior Magistrate Neeshad Mohammed did not hold back before dismissing the case. “This is a disrespect to the court,” the magistrate said, noting that the complainant is a former Commissioner of Police who should understand the level of respect expected in court proceedings. “I cannot and this court will not be used as grounds for any personal vendetta.”
Speaking to a reporter outside the courthouse, Mai said, “If someone does not like you, you cannot bring him to court because they don’t like the way you administrate. Thank God the court is fair; they struck it out.”
This marks the second cyberbullying-related case linked to Williams that has been struck out in court. On May 13, 2026, 38-year-old Nichole Gilda McDonald was rearrested and recharged over a similar matter involving a Facebook comment directed at Williams. That case had originally been dismissed in November 2025 after Williams failed to appear for 17 court hearings before it was reinstated last Wednesday.
Flowers-Mai is also one of the individuals allegedly linked to the kidnapping of social media personality Joseph Ryan Budna, who is currently serving time in a Guatemalan prison. When asked about the allegation, he declined to go into detail.
“I don’t want to comment on that as yet, because calling someone’s name does not mean the person is guilty… A day will come when I will address that one,” he said.


Facebook Comments